aka Dr. Sara
Board Eligible Pediatric Dentist
Dr. Sarunphorn Rasamimari aka Dr. Sara grew up in Bangkok, Thailand where her passion for pediatric dentistry started with her own childhood dentist. Inspired by seeing how fun and compassionate she was, Dr. Sara knew that this was her calling. Dr. Sara wants to ensure that all of her kids will grow up to love the dentist as much as she does by making sure that each appointment is not only educational for the parents and patients, but also very enjoyable while providing the best of care. Her goal through education is to teach lifelong habits that her patients will be able to take forward into adulthood.
Dr. Sara graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science in Public Health and a minor in Psychology and Chemistry. Right after IU, she pursued her Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) degree at Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL. Upon completion of her doctorate in dental medicine at the top of her class, Dr. Sara was accepted to NYU for her pediatric dental residency. She was so excited for the opportunity to live in the Big Apple! During residency she had opportunities to help kids in Manhattan, Upstate New York, and abroad in Ecuador. Her passion in prevention and minimally invasive dentistry was recognized when she was published in the prestigious Journal of American Dental Association on the use of Silver Diamine Fluoride.
Dr. Sara is a board eligible pediatric dentist with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. She is a member of the Northeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, New York Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and American Dental Association.
When Dr. Sara is out of the office, she enjoys yoga and running outside or even taking long walks to different neighborhoods in the city.
Ryan Trulby, DDS, MS
Board Eligible Orthodontist
“Dedicated treatment and care to give you the smile and confidence you deserve”
- Graduated from Columbia University Postdoctoral Orthodontics Program and Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Experienced Invisalign and Damon braces provider
- Focused on providing exemplary orthodontic treatment for both children and adults
- Columbia University Postdoctoral Orthodontics Program, MS
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, DDS
- Licensed to practice in the state of New York and New Jersey
- Graduate of several intensive Invisalign courses
- Several years providing orthodontic treatment for children and adults
- Experienced Invisalign and Damon braces provider
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Aligner Intensive Fellowship for advanced Invisalign treatment
Outside the office:
- Avid reader, marathon runner, lover of dogs (especially my boxer, Niko), Spanish speaker in training, skiing fanatic, travel junkie, and always looking to cook something new!”
Phong Ta, DDS
Board Certified Dentist Anesthesiologist
Dr. Phong Ta specializes in delivering anesthesia for dentistry and is a Board Certified Dentist Anesthesiologist with extensive anesthesia training from Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. While at that institution he was trained to provide the full spectrum of anesthesia from mild sedation to complete general anesthesia for a wide range of procedures and patients. As part of his training Dr. Ta maintains active certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life support (PALS).
During his career he has worked with dentists throughout the New York Metropolitan area and has treated thousands of patients, both pediatric and adult, in the dental office setting. Mobile dental anesthesia is a unique combination of medicine and dentistry that Dr. Ta has honed his skills in over the years, and he is proud to be a specialist who can offer these services for patients in and around the New York City area.
Prior to his time at Mount Sinai Hospital, he competed a general practice residency at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System in California in association with Stanford University. As a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Maryland’s Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dr. Ta was in the top 10% of his class and was awarded his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree with distinctions from multiple departments.
As a member of the medical and dental community, Dr. Ta maintains membership in the following organizations:
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
Outside the world of medicine and dentistry Dr. Ta is an avid musician and plays the violin with several orchestras throughout the city.
Battery Park Pediatric Dentists Staff
Battery Park Pediatric Dentists’ staff consists of passionate individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff is here to ensure a pleasant experience during your childs visits to our office.
Battery Park Pediatric Dentists includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is to communicate well with both you and your child to provide the best care possible.